- 55% of people test positive to one or more allergens: more than twice the rate thirty years ago.
- 39% of U.S. households have one or more dogs.
- Indoor air in U.S. homes is 2 to 100 times more polluted than outdoor air.
- 90% of our lives are spent indoors.
Pet Allergy and Dander Triggers in Your Home
Our air purifiers (help me choose) will help with each of these triggers however here are some extra steps you can take that should help.
Cats and Dogs
Sadly our family member pets can trigger our allergies and can cause asthma attacks. Some people are allergic to the flakes of skin or dried saliva from animals with fur or feathers.
- Source control (ie removing the pet) is the most effective however we know your pet is a family member and usually not an option. In that case try to keep pets outside if possible. If you have a pet inside, keep them out of the bedroom and off the furniture.
- Remove drapes, carpets and furniture covered with cloth from your home. If that is not possible, keep the pet away from areas that serve as dust collectors - fabric-covered items.
- Replace carpeting with hard flooring - wood or tile.
- Be a neat freak. Keep your rooms dust and pet hair free as possible.